Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I simply remember my favourite things.......

Aaaargh!!
Sitting and formulating presentations on the Principles and Analyses of Social Stratification which will have to be elaborated and simplified a great deal only to have all my effort frittered away in hurling it at unreceptive brains whose idea of meaningful information is a talk about what you think about, you know..... all that stuff that's been....you know happening and OH DUDES! have you seen the new video on Vh1? It's so amazing.....

As a result, I am here trying to thrash out something to write on  the blog. I really don't know what to write. I was planning on something to do with great moral implications and consequences which could change the world as we know it, but I seem to have forgotten what I wanted to say. Ah well; can't have been any great thought.

In the meantime, I'm just putting up a few of my favourite PBF comics. Not my explicit favourites, but at the current moment, they appeal to me immensely. (To enlarge just click on them)

Rodeo

There are so many bits I love in this. His expression. Their expressions. The inversion. The understated cruelty. Classic PBF at its darkest best.

Baby

It mocks popular culture, and is bitingly vicious. Pardon the pun

Scorpy, the Forest Friend


Bringing something unusual to innocent surroundings can have consequences. Once again, the expression really makes the comic

Mario Too

Reality and unreality collide on a hilarious level. I imagine the next situation having something to do with a bad mushroom

Extreme Crocball


An important stage in the evolution of man

Astronaut Falling


So innocent. So cruel. So brilliant.

Chew Boy


Understated cruelty brought back in its most beautiful, artistic form yet. Like the The Experimenter in La Jetee.


That's all for now. At some other time, when I don't feel like writing much and want to go through the PBF archives again, I'll put up a few more great ones. Until then, back to Davis & Moore and their erstwhile nemesis, Tumin.

No comments:

 

accutane lawsuit